10 sea scallops
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
2/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup & 2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 tomato, diced
1 bunch fresh basil
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
3 zucchini, julienned
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1. If sun dried tomatoes are moist, dry in 200 degree oven for about 15 minutes (until dry)
2. Chop sun-dried tomatoes in blener until it becomes a smooth powder, set aside.
3. Add basil, orange juice, and lemon juice to blender. Blend on moderate speed while drizzling 1/4 cup of olive oil in mixture.
4. Heat non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. Olive oil and garlic. Saute garlic for 15 seconds, do not burn, then add zucchini. Saute together, stirring frequently for 2 minutes until zucchini softens. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomoatoes then turn off heat.
5. Heat another non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper and with sun-dried tomato powder. Add 1 tbsp. Olive oil to pan and add scallops slowly.
6. Let cook for about 3 minutes, then flip. Let cook for another 2 minutes; transfer to a paper towel.
1. Mound zucchini in the middle of two dinner plates. Place 5 scallops around each mound. Drizzle vinaigrette around the dish. Garnish with fresh basil sprig and a sprinkling of tomato powder.
"America's Restaurant Recipes - Volume 1"
"America's Restaurant Recipes - Volume 2"