Little Debbie Bars
1 box devil’s food cake mix with pudding
5 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
6 tablespoons milk
6 tablespoons butter/margarine
1. Open 1 box devil’s food cake mix with pudding in mix. Mix as directed.
2. Grease two jellyroll pans. Divide batter, half in each pan. Bake 12 minutes.
3. For filling, blend flour, salt and milk.
4. Heat until thickened, then cool.
5. Cream sugar, shortening and butter at high speed, gradually adding cooled mixture. Beat at high speed 7-8 minutes.
6. Spread on one pan of cooled cake. Invert other jellyroll pan with cake on top.
7. For the frosting, boil 3 minutes and then add 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Beat until chips melt. Spread on bars.
"America's Restaurant Recipes - Volume 1"
"America's Restaurant Recipes - Volume 2"