Nothing makes you think of good home cooking like a nice serving of garlic mashed potatoes. I made this recipe last week with a roast beef and it was a hit! Next time I’ll be sure to double the recipe.
32 ounces red potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
salt and black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup garlic cloves
1. Place a single layer of garlic cloves on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
2. Roast in 400 degrees F preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until soft.
3. Unwrap and let cool.
4. Peel cloves and set aside until the potatoes are ready.
5. Wash and rinse potatoes under cold water.
6. In large pot, bring red potatoes to a slow boil for about 20 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and drain in colander.
8. In pan or bowl, combine potatoes, peeled and roasted garlic cloves, and all other ingredients and mash with a potato masher.
9. Keep warm until you serve.