Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Healthy tuna macroni salad
October 9th, 2011, 05:58 AM #1World Class Chef
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Healthy tuna macroni salad
1 box of Elbow Macaroni (1 lb box)
1 cans of Tuna (5 oz can)
1/2 Cup Celery, chopped
1/4 Cup Red Onion, chopped (I don't love the flavor of raw onions, so if you do feel free to add more!)
1/2 Cup Carrot, shredded
1 Tbsp Capers
1 Tbsp Flat leave parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar (or cider vinegar works fine too!)
1/3 cup of Plain yogurt (I am using Greek plain yogurt in this demo, but both of it taste about the same!)
2 Tbsp Light/ Olive oil Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cook elbow macaroni in a pot of salted, boiling water. Cook till its soft.
2. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables for the salad.
3.Then drain and rinse under running water. Set aside to chill.
4. In a salad bowl, combine diced celery, onions, shredded carrots, tuna, macaroni, and chopped parsley.
5. Throw in yogurt, light mayonnaise, capers, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to make the dressing. Give it a good stir.
*Measurements for the yogurt, and light mayonnaise is just a recommendation. I suggest to add extra yogurt instead of mayonnaise if it's dry to keep the calorie down.
6. Serve in room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!
By daisymartin in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: July 31st, 2011, 07:28 AM
By b-man in forum Health ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: October 31st, 2005, 02:29 AM
By b-man in forum Health ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: October 31st, 2005, 01:17 AM
By b-man in forum Diabetic RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: October 18th, 2005, 01:37 PM
By b-man in forum Health ArticlesReplies: 0Last Post: October 14th, 2005, 09:53 AM