View Full Version : Pineapple Casserole

marieann2001
November 11th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Although the two don't normally seem to go together (pineapple & cheese), they are wonderful in this casserole. Whenever it is served at our house, we double and sometimes triple the recipe. It literally goes with everything. I always get asked for the recipe.

Pineapple Casserole
1 (20 oz.) can chunk pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tb. all purpose flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 cup saltine crackers, crumbled

Drain pineapple and save 3 Tb. of juice. Combine sugar and flour, then stir in juice. Add cheese and pineapple chunks, mix well. Spoon into a buttered baking dish. Combine butter and cracker crumbs. Sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

patm099
June 17th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Made this last night. Excellent! Just what my meal needed--not sweet nor too cheesy.

princehole
July 1st, 2010, 11:35 AM
This was a really tasty side dish. I only used 1/2 cup of sugar and that was plenty. Also I like to use pineapple tidbits better than chunks since they are smaller and make the flavors and textures mesh better. I drained my pineapple out of the can and reserved the juice for later uses, also I did not add the 8 tablespoons of juice since the pineapple were still very juicey. I think the extra 8 tablespoons would have made this casserole too mushy for many taste buds. Thanks for this recipe, it's a keeper.