View Full Version : as requested - 7 Layer Bars

Kitchen Witch
May 19th, 2006, 12:27 PM
From what you have told me - I think this is the recipe you are looking for - if not - just let me know - and I will dig further! KW

Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars
Servings: Makes 2 to 3 dozen bars

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRANDŽ Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT EVAPORATED)
1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch-flavored chips
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass baking pan). In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
Pour EAGLE BRANDŽ evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.

Notes: Tip: For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan (including sides) with a sheet of aluminum foil first. When bars are baked, cool and lift up edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into individual squares. Lift off of foil.

Aline
May 19th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Previously posted by jswatt. Thought you might like it because it sounds so delicious!

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup pecan halves
16 carmels cut up
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
1 cup white baking chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup cashews

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13 x 9 ich pan with foil and spray. Pour melted butterinto pan; tilt to spread evenly. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over butter. Pour condensed milk over crumbs. Layer pecans, caramels, chocolate chunks, white baking chips, milk chocolate chips, walnuts and cashews in pan; press lightly. Bake 25 minutes or until edges of bars bubble gently. Do not over bake. Cool completely on wire rack.Makes 24 bars.

Dainty Dish
May 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Dear K.W. You found them...I knew it was something like that but just didn't know the correct amounts....! I dub you the "Recipe Queen" and say...you're the greatest! Thank you,
DD

Kitchen Witch
May 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Thank you - enjoy!

KW