View Full Version : Corn & Apple Salad

Karen21
May 22nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Hello,

I had the pleasure of eating a salad consisting of apple and corn. I'm not sure what the salad dressing consisted of...there was a hint of cinnamon and I'm not sure if it was sour cream, yogurt or mayo with it. Can anyone help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Kitchen Witch
May 22nd, 2006, 08:16 PM
Ingredients:

10 - 12 oz. canned corn
2 big apples (red or green)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon white vinegar
Salt & pepper according to taste

Put the corn into a bowl, peal the apples and cut them into small squares, and add them to the corn.
Put the mayo, vinegar, salt & pepper, mix very well until completely blended.
Chill in the fridge and serve cold.

were there any other ingredients???

Karen21
May 22nd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Hi KitchenWitch.

Yes there was definitely cinnamon in this recipe. It added a very distinct and delicious flavour. Maybe I will add a little to the recipe you provided.

Thank you

Kitchen Witch
May 23rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
Karen - You're very welcomed! I am a cinnamon person - but start by adding 1/2 teaspoon and if you want more then add it. As a matter of fact - I would give this a sprinkle of cinnamon/sugar mixture. A bit of sweetness would go well with this.

KW

PS - I sprinkle cinnamon on my cereal - no matter what kind it is - that's how much I like cinnamon!

Kitchen Witch
May 23rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
Karen - You're very welcomed! I am a cinnamon person - but start by adding 1/2 teaspoon and if you want more then add it. As a matter of fact - I would give this a sprinkle of cinnamon/sugar mixture. A bit of sweetness would go well with this.

KW

PS - I sprinkle cinnamon on my cereal - no matter what kind it is - that's how much I like cinnamon!

Aline
May 23rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
Hi Karen!

In two of my recipe books, I have a cinnamon apple salad recipe - but no corn! LOL The cinnamon flavour comes from making a syrup with water, sugar, and melting cinnamon heart candies. Saute the apples in this syrup until tender, etc.

If you do an internet recipe search for "cinnamon apple salad", you'll find many using this type of syrup. Guess you could always add some corn to the appropriate recipe.

Good luck!