View Full Version : Momma's Meatloaf

PossumPoint
June 1st, 2006, 11:02 AM
My momma's own meatloaf recipe has been one of my most requested recipes over the years. Mom always cooked from scratch and creating her own recipes was a creative hobby for her and a joy for all who enjoyed her cooking.

First the sauce

1/2 cup ketchup
2 teasp. brown sugar
1 teasp. dry mustard

Combine above in small bowl and wisk until well blended; set aside.

Meatloaf

1 ea 1 lb. roll sausage ( I use mild, but you may use spicy if you wish.)
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/3 cup sauce recipe from above
1 cup uncooked quick oats - Not instant!
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 egg beaten
1 teasp. salt
1/4 teasp. black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Line shallow baking dish with foil and spray with non stick spray. In large bowl, combine sausage, ground beef, sauce, oats, onion, beaten egg, salt and pepper. Combine well and shape mixture into loaf in prepared baking dish.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour, remove from oven and pour remaining sauce over loaf; bake 10 minutes longer.

Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

* I make extra sauce while the meat loaf is baking and serve it warm at the table with the meatloaf. Leftovers make a great hot or cold sandwich the next day served on toasted buns.

** You may also add chopped red or green bell pepper to meat loaf mixture if you like. My crew doesn't care for bell pepper so I leave it out, but it's great!

Krazypurplebird
November 21st, 2006, 03:43 AM
Here is my Momma's Recipe for meatloaf

2lbs. Ground Beef
1/2 lb sausage
1 Egg
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 Tapioca (Not Instant)

Mix all Ingredents together and place in a baking bag pirce holes in bag and squezze ketchup in the holes to cover the meatloaf. Place in pan and bake at 350 for and hour.

This meatloaf is very moist.

Krazypurplebird
November 23rd, 2006, 01:41 PM
I neede to make two corrections to my recipe for meatloaf. The tapaioa is the quick kind and you also need to add 1 cup of milk. Sorry about that.

Krazypurplebird
November 25th, 2006, 11:36 PM
you bake the meatloaf for an hour and half at 350. Sorry about that.