Non-Fat Cooking Spray
1 Medium Onion, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp Horseradish
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
1 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup Chicken Stock

Rinse drumsticks and pat dry. Set aside. In shallow dish, stir together flour, paprika, pepper and salt. Roll drumsticks in flour mixture, coating well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

In heavy skillet sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic 3 to 5 minutes. Add horseradish, oregano and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring until mixture reduces a bit (1 to 3 minutes). Stir in ketchup and stock, and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Transfer to measuring cup and reserve for basting.

Place drumsticks on grill set to medium high and cook for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Lower heat to medium and baste with sauce. Cook, turning and basting for 10 minutes longer.

All chicken should be crisp and thickly coated with sauce. Drumsticks should be tender and juices run clear when pierced with a fork.

zwerg
August 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I've never heard of flouring chicken when cooking them on the BBQ Grill. Are you sure this is a correct step in the recipe?

Kitchen Witch
August 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
the starches in the flour mix with meat juices and gelatinize, or swell up providing a sticky coating that serves as an insulating layer between the meat and the hot grill - same is true with hot pans

Yassin El Abbassi
August 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM
IDK about Cajun food but i'll give it a shot at our BBQ

Yassin El Abbassi
August 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM
IDK about Cajun food but i'll give it a shot at our BBQ Macaroni is for bosses