View Full Version : Looking for: Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair recipe from Cheesecake Factory

Susan Malen
June 10th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Last year on vacation I visited the Cheesecake Factory twice and had this amazing meal. It's a breaded chicken in some kind of fairly light lemon sauce on angel hair pasta. I've been trying to figure out how to make that sauce. Anyone have a recipe? I have compiled 2 cookbooks with over 1,500 recipes and am working on my 3rd, so I'll be happy to exchange recipes. Thanks.

Kitchen Witch
June 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Susan -

This is not from C.F. - but I would like to share it:

CHICKEN
3/4 cup finely crushed cornflakes cereal
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon soy sauce
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

SAUCE
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ketchup
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, including tops

1. Line cookie sheet with foil; place in oven. Heat oven to 450°F. In pie pan, combine crushed cereal, ginger and pepper; mix well. In small bowl, beat egg white, water and soy sauce until frothy. Brush both sides of chicken with egg-white mixture. Place in pie pan; spoon cereal mixture over chicken to coat evenly.

2. Remove hot foil-lined cookie sheet from oven; arrange coated chicken on sheet. Bake at 450F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.

3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine broth and cornstarch; blend until smooth. Add honey, lemon juice, ketchup and garlic powder; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in lemon peel.

4. To serve, cut each chicken breast half crosswise into 6 or 7 pieces; arrange on 4 individual plates. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with onions.

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons soya sauce
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
2 cups oil
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 lemons

Preheat oven to 325.
Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces then.
marinate them in the soya sauce.
Whisk the 1/4 c.cornstarch and baking powder together, then beat in the eggs.
Chill in refrigerator while you make the sauce.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir in the lemon juice and chicken broth, then set aside.
Dip the chicken pieces into the chilled batter, then fry in hot oil in a frying pan until brown.
Spray a 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray, then lay the chicken in it.
Using the same frying pan, add 2 tablespoons oil. Slice one of the lemons, and stir fry until they start to brown. Stir in the remaining sauce mixture, continue stirring until the sauce has thickend.
Pour over the chicken.
Slice the remaining lemon, and layer over the chicken.
Bake for 30-40 min's until the chicken is done.
Serve over steamed or fried rice.

Rice:
2 qt. water
1 T. chicken base
1 C. wild rice
1 C. brown rice
3/4 C. diced carrots
3/4 C. diced celery

Sauce:
4 C. heavy cream
1/2 C. lemon juice
1 T. cornstarch
1 T. lemon pepper seasoning
black pepper, to taste

Breading:
1 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1 T. granulated garlic
1 T. lemon pepper seasoning

Chicken:
olive oil
4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Combine the water and chicken base in a large pot. Bring water to the boil, turn down to a simmer and add wild rice; cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Next, add brown rice, carrots and celery. Cook covered for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until rice is tender but not mushy. Strain in a sieve. Set aside and keep warm.

While rice is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a medium saucepan, slowly bring cream to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Reduce heat, and let simmer 5 to 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch, whisking thoroughly. Remove cream from heat and add lemon juice mixture, beating thoroughly with a wire whip until it begins to thicken (this will take a while). Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning and black pepper. Keep warm over low heat.

Mix Parmesan, garlic and 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning together. Split chicken breasts and bread each side of chicken with mixture. Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a saute pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning at least once, until done.

On each plate, spoon rice, place one chicken breast on top and drizzle with lemon-pepper cream sauce.

I hope this helps!

KW