View Full Version : NSA molten lava cake from Olive Garden

Ces
July 22nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
I am desperate to find this recipe. I had the no sugar added molten lava cake at Olive Garden this past Sunday, it was amazing. I have been a Type 1 diabetic for 19 years and have never had such a great dessert. Can someone help me?

Kitchen Witch
July 22nd, 2008, 03:58 PM
I don't have the OG recipe - but I do have this one if you would like to try it:

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

This can be made two ways, if cooked for the shorter amout of time, the filling oozes out of the cake like lava while the outside is set like a cake. Really, really delicious especially if you have a few berries and some very thick cold whipped cream on the side. If cooked for the longer time it is more of a solid cake, either way the taste is very fudgy and extremely chocolately.

For 2:

3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cocoa (a good quality one makes a lot of difference and increases the 'chocolateyness factor')
4 tablespoons sugar replacement
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee or a drop of coffee flavoring
1 tablespoon soy flour
2 eggs
1 egg yolk

1. Butter the ramekins and dust with a little cocoa.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Melt butter in microwave and add cocoa, mix.(Add 2 tablespoons hot water at this point if the mixture is too sticky looking, it should be stirable)
4. Ina seperate bowl: Beat eggs and sugar replacement together until pale and 'fluffy'. Add coffee.
5. Add eggs mixture to melted butter/cocoa and the soy flour and mix until well incorporated and yellow streaks have dissapeared. Pour into the ramekins.
6. Bake for 7-10 minutes in upper shelf. the idea is to cook the outside quickly and have an undercooked batter in the middle. The mix will look a little wet but let it rest for 2 minutes before running a knife around the edges, it will shrink away from the edges as it cools so wait before putting a plate over the ramekin and turning it upside down.
If you want it to be a more solid cake allow 15 minutes.

this is also low carb

KW

Ces
July 24th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Thank you so much for this recipe. I am going to try it tonight!