View Full Version : Claim Jumper Tropical Storm

kaci
June 9th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Claim Jumper Tropical Storm

Board up the windows and tie down the patio furniture, then lay the grenadine and passion fruit juice into the bottom of your glass before adding the ice to clone a Tropical Storm. This is how to make a layered drink that absolutely does not suck.

1-ounce passion fruit juice.
1-ounce grenadine
1-ounce Malibu rum
1-ounce Myers's dark rum
1-ounce Bacardi light rum
2-ounces (1/4 cup) sweet and sour mix (from page 231)
2-ounces (1/4 cup) orange juice
Splash Bacardi 151 rum

Garnish
Orange slice
Maraschino cherry

Pour the passion fruit juice and grenadine into a 16-ounce glass. Add ice.

Pour the rums over the glass in the order listed. Add sweet and sour mix and orange juice. Do not stir.

Float a splash of Bacardi 151 over the top of the drink.

Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry speared on a toothpick. Serve with a straw.

Maked 1 drink

Chilton
June 10th, 2010, 09:40 AM
What is the recipe for the sweet and sour mix?

lvdkeyes
June 10th, 2010, 11:16 AM
You have to go to page 231. LOL Joke!

Kitchen Witch
June 10th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I don't know if this helps - makes 8 cups

3 cups sugar
2 cups fresh lemon juice
2 cups fresh lime juice

Combine water and sugar in large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Cool syrup.

Mix syrup, lemon juice and lime juice in pitcher. Chill until cold. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover; keep chilled)

Kitchen Witch
June 10th, 2010, 01:22 PM
you can also use 2 cups suagr and 1 cup EACH of lemon and lime juice

kaci
June 10th, 2010, 11:02 PM
You spell sugar this way and sguar sugar

lvdkeyes
June 10th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Are we going to start picking on typographical or spelling errors now? If so, you'd better go back to your Mason jar Grilled Chicken Salad recipe and correct the error (s).

Kitchen Witch
June 11th, 2010, 04:10 AM
You spell sugar this way and sguar sugar

you've never made a mistake here? what about all your errors, duplicate posts, half-recipes, incomplete ingredients, etc.?

and I won't mention the fact that you don't respond when members ask a question about your recipes............

Chilton
June 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
kaci,
Please post the recipe from page 231 for the sweet and sour mix. I would like to try this recipe with its originally intended flavour profile.
Thank you,
Chilton

kaci
June 13th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Claim Jumper Tropical Storm

Board up the windows and tie down the patio furniture, then lay the grenadine and passion fruit juice into the bottom of your glass before adding the ice to clone a Tropical Storm. This is how to make a layered drink that absolutely does not suck.

1-ounce passion fruit juice.
1-ounce grenadine
1-ounce Malibu rum
1-ounce Myers's dark rum
1-ounce Bacardi light rum
2-ounces (1/4 cup) sweet and sour mix (from page 231)
2-ounces (1/4 cup) orange juice
Splash Bacardi 151 rum

Garnish
Orange slice
Maraschino cherry

Pour the passion fruit juice and grenadine into a 16-ounce glass. Add ice.

Pour the rums over the glass in the order listed. Add sweet and sour mix and orange juice. Do not stir.

Float a splash of Bacardi 151 over the top of the drink.

Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry speared on a toothpick. Serve with a straw.

Makes 1 drink

THE REAL RECIPE UNTIL KITCHEN WITCH GOOFED IT UP

lvdkeyes
June 14th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Your "real recipe" does not tell what is on page 231. I think KW was trying to clarify that.

Kitchen Witch
June 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
ldvkeyes -

kaci blames everyone - ESPECIALLY ME - for all her mistakes. This is an on-going problem with her. According to kaci - everyone is out to get her, everyone changes her posts (which is totally impossible for anyone to do!), she is the REAL kaci and their are others here that use her name to post (which is abolutely impossible to do as well!) and so on and so on...........

When anyone finds a mistake in her recipes she goes totally berserk and blames the world and ME for it.

She is not capable of owning up to any mistake she makes - it is beneath her.

And so the continuing saga goes on with kaci............kaci - the one who does not proof read her recipes, cannot find or correct the mistakes without calling attention from others, posts the same recipes repeatedly and repeatedly, and blames the world when her drugs don't do her justice.............

Hopefully she will find someone else to blame for all her errors - like Charles Manson - and she will leave me alone.

lvdkeyes
June 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Why put up with her?

Chilton
June 14th, 2010, 10:23 AM
kaci,
Thank you for posting the original recipe again, but you still have not posted the referenced recipe on page 231 for the sweet and sour mix. Please post that recipe or post what book you got the recipe from so I can make this recipe as intended by the author.
Chilton

Kitchen Witch
June 14th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Chilton - kaci is blaming me for her mistakes - she barely answers posts and answers to her posts - she would rather blame me for what she has done - and as you can see - she posted the same recipe again - and any edits done to the original post were done by her and her alone -
this is the probem we have with her -