Kitchen Witch
December 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons sherry
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons sugar
1 pound chicken tenders (about 12), rinsed and patted dry
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 scallions, both white and light green parts, sliced on the diagonal (for 1⁄2 cup)
2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger (see Tips)
2 cloves garlic, sliced

1.Place the soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, and sugar in a medium-size mixing bowl with 1⁄4 cup of water and whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Stir in the chicken tenders and set the bowl aside.
2.Pour the oil into a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 minutes. Drain the marinade from the chicken; do not discard the marinade. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 1 minute on each side. Pour the marinade over the chicken, reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir until the chicken is cooked through, and the sauce has thickened, 6 to 7 minutes. Serve at once.

lvdkeyes
December 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Where are the tips?

Kitchen Witch
December 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
the tips were -

#1 - for the soy sauce - used reduced sodium
#2 - for the ginger - if using fresh it will stay fresh for 3 weeks in the fridge - if not - wrap and freeze will slice easily when frozen

lvdkeyes
December 1st, 2011, 09:17 PM
Thank you

Kitchen Witch
December 2nd, 2011, 05:15 AM
You're welcomed - tips like that I automatically assume (which I shouldn't) are things every one should know or in the case of the soy sauce/low sodium soy sauce - that is up to the cook. So I delete "see tips".

lvdkeyes
December 2nd, 2011, 05:58 AM
The tips were not anything new to me, but I didn't know that when I read the original posting. I asked because I thought the tips might be something new to me.

Kitchen Witch
December 2nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
It's my own fault for not double checking and deleting the words - see tips.
When something is "normal" or "trivial" to me (for lack of a better word) in a recipe I don't pay attention to it.
I forget that sometimes things can raise questions.