View Full Version : ISO: Burger King Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette

Antilope
November 4th, 2012, 11:31 PM
ISO: Burger King Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette

Does anyone have a copycat recipe for the Burger King Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette? It's the one that comes in the foil packets. Anything similar will do.

Thank you.

Kitchen Witch
November 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I've never had their dressing - so I don't know how much of a help I will be -

I have this one which I have not tried yet - It's a creamy pear/apple vinaigrette - and pears and apples are so interchangeable -

cup minced ginger
2 cups diced peeled pear
cup apple juice
cup apple cider vinegar
cup brown rice syrup
cup walnut oil or olive oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
teaspoon salt
teaspoon ground cardamom

Place the minced ginger in your hand, firmly squeeze it over a small bowl to catch all of the juices of the ginger, it should yield at least 2 tablespoons of juice, and then discard the minced ginger (or use it in another dish).
Transfer the ginger juice to a blender or food processor, add the remaining ingredients, and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until very smooth and creamy.
Transfer the vinaigrette to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Use the vinaigrette on salads, mixed grains, or in place of soy mayonnaise in recipes.

Maybe you can tweak it your way -

I also found this for the weight conscious -

2/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon works well)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 large of two small cloves garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed

1. Put all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake jar to blend ingredients. Store in the refrigerator between uses.

(knowing me I'd use sour cream in place of the yogurt!)

no instructions - no name - from 1936 -

1 egg yolk
2/3 cups Borden's Sweeten Condensed Milk
1 teaspoons dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pure cider vinegar
1/2 cup salad oil
Five grains Cayenne

Kitchen Witch
November 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar or lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or mayonnaise
1 large garlic clove, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup olive oil

Measure vinegar (or lemon juice) and mustard (or mayonnaise) into a 2-cup measuring cup. With a small whisk, stir in garlic, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Measure oil in another cup. Slowly whisk oil into mixture, first in droplets, then in a slow, steady stream to make an emulsified vinaigrette.

Antilope
November 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I just had the dressing the first time the other day. It is a thin white dressing, maybe yogurt or mayonnaise based with a strong apple juice/cider flavor and a slight hint of cider vinegar. I didn't detect any garlic or onion flavors.

It was on a Chicken, Apple & Cranberry Garden Fresh Salad from Burger King. It is served with a foil packet of KEN’S Apple Cider Vinaigrette. It's a creamy vinaigrette.

I've been thinking about it and these ingredients are close:

Apple Juice Concentrate (from frozen)
Vanilla Yogurt
Mayonnaise
Cider Vinegar

I will have to play around with this.

Antilope
November 6th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Okay, I played around with ingredients and here is a copycat recipe that is close to the original.

Burger King Ken's Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette Copycat

1/2 tsp Spiced Cider Apple Flavor Drink Mix powder (sugar-free like Alpine or Mott's)
1/3 cup Vanilla Yogurt (like Dannon)
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
2 tsp Cider Vinegar

Add ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Mix well.
Use on Chicken, Apple & Cranberry Garden Fresh Salad, etc.

Makes about 1 cup.