View Full Version : Red Robin Bleu Ribbon Burger

Kitchen Witch
March 13th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Red Robin Bleu Ribbon Burger

(Makes 6 sliders)

1 dozen dinner rolls (cheap kind is fine, no need to get fancy)
3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
3 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
2 tablespoons mayo
1/2 chipotle pepper (from a can), mashed/pulverized/minced/whatever
1/4 cup onion straws
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 lb ground beef
salt and pepper
garlic salt
lettuce
1 roma tomato

I like to assemble all my condiments and toppings first. If you make the meat last, it will be nice and hot when you are ready to serve. So, first, I cut the dinner rolls in half and set aside.
Sauces: Mix the Heinz 57 and blue cheese crumbles together. This will keep the crumbles from crumbling all of the crumbling place. Separately, mix the mayo and your chipotle paste together. Apply the blue cheese mixture to one half of the bun (about 1 tablespoon), and the mayo (about 1 teaspoon) to the other.
Heat your butter on a skillet until it begins to bubble. Add the onion straws, and stir. Cook on medium high heat for only a minute or so. These WILL burn quickly if your not careful.
Split your ground beef into six equal sizes and pound out your individual patties. The patties should be slighly larger than the sizes of the rolls (they will shrink when you cook them). Be sure to season your patties with salt, pepper, and the garlic salt before grilling. Now, normally I don't like to use a personal grill like the George Foreman when cooking my meats. They just dry out too much! I like my burgers juicy. The nice thing about these patties is they are so small that they cook in a flash and don't have time to dry out. In fact, it took me exactly 3 minutes to cook each patty to perfection.
Assemble your burgers with the patty, lettuce, onion straws, and tomato. Enjoy!