3 day diet

I have been looking with interest at the 2 day diet, and in the GI diet thread there was a 3 day diet similar to the one I have. This 3 day diet gives more options than the other one which makes it much more palatable.

My wife and I started this diet 3 weeks ago, and we both lost 4 lbs the first week. I suspect a lot of that was water but nevertheless the weight tends to stay off if you eat sensible the other 4 days. This one like the 2 day is designed to speed up your metabolism. Anyway you can stay on this one as long as you like according to the doctor that gave it to us. We always start on Monday so we can eat the good stuff on the weekend. You can expect to lose at least 1 lb maybe 2 in the subsequent weeks. The good thing about this one is the weight tends to stay off if you continue to eat sensibly after leaving the diet.

3 Day Diet

Do the following for 3 Days, then being sensible eat normal meals for 4 days.

You can have all the unsweetened tea or black coffee you want
Drink lots of water, no more than 2 diet drinks each day
Don’t vary or substitute foods
If no quantity given use common sense
No eating between meals

Day 1

Breakfast:

Black coffee or unsweetened tea or water
½ grapefruit or unsweetened grapefruit juice
1 slice of toast
1 tablespoon peanut butter

Lunch:

½ cup tuna or broiled skinless chicken
1 slice toast with cheddar cheese

Dinner:

2 slices of meat (3oz) or small broiled steak
1 cup green beans
1 cup beets or carrots
1 small apple
½ cup vanilla ice cream

Day 2

Breakfast:

1 hardboiled egg
1 slice toast
½ banana

Lunch:

5 saltine crackers
1 cup cottage cheese or ½ cup tuna

Dinner:

2 wieners (broiled or fried)
1 cup broccoli or cabbage
½ cup carrots or turnips
½ cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3

Breakfast:

5 saltine crackers
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 apple

Lunch:

1 hardboiled egg
1 slice toast

Dinner:

Black coffee or unsweetened tea or water or diet soda
1 cup tuna, chicken, or turkey
1 cup beets or carrots
1 cup cauliflower, cantaloupe, banana, or greens
½ cup vanilla ice cream

This is amazing i mean it looks very useful i am liking it mate you have shared an awesome thing.
Glad to see it and especially because i have found something which is completely new for me.

All I know is I got from a doc and it works

I also have this diet…and it stresses to be sure you do not stay on it for more than 3-days.
Some people try to do there own thing and stay on it for weeks at a time…not good!!!

You are correct, 3 days only and 4 days off. And I would consider only doing this pattern a month at a time.

Its a nice 3 day diet plan and i am sure that it will be good for weight loss and for fitness. I suggest everyone to follow this 3 day diet plan.

Its a nice 3 day diet plan and i am sure that it will be good for weight loss and for fitness. I suggest everyone to follow this 3 day diet plan.