a couple of appetizers

HI ALL,

I GOT THIS RECIPE FROM THE PC WEBSITE.  ONE OF OUR MAJOR GROCERY STORES HERE IN CANADA CARRIES AN EXCLUSIVE BRAND CALLED PC (ALSO KNOWN AS PRESIDENT’S CHOICE). THEY HAVE SOME AMAZING PRODUCTS; SAUCES, ICE CREAMS, MUSTARDS, ETC.  I DO BELIEVE THAT SOME PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE U.S.

THERE ARE SO MANY RECIPES POSTED HERE THAT HAVE PRODUCTS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE U.S., THAT I THOUGHT I’D POST A TRULY CANADIAN RECIPE.  I’LL LEAVE THE METRIC CONVERSIONS IN. THE CLOSEST SIZE THAT I CAN FIGURE OUT FOR 398ml IS A 12 OZ CAN.

ENJOY,

RHO

CHERRY BOMBS
1 – 398ml CAN PC (PRESIDENT’S CHOICE) SPLENDIDO WHOLE CHERRY TOMATOES, DRAINED
¼ CUP (50 ML) PC (PRESIDENT’S CHOICE) BREAD DIPPER - SUN-DRIED TOMATO & BALSAMIC VINEGAR
½ TSP (2 ML) PC (PRESIDENT’S CHOICE) SEA SALT & BLACK PEPPERCORNS GRINDER
2 TBSP (25 ML) CHOPPED FRESH BASIL
½ OZ (15 G) PC (PRESIDENT’S CHOICE) SPLENDIDO PARMIGIANO REGGIANO

PREHEAT OVEN TO 400°F (200°C). 

PLACE DRAINED TOMATOES IN 8-INCH (2 L) SQUARE GLASS BAKING DISH. ADD BREAD DIPPER & SPICE GRINDER. GENTLY TOSS TO COAT EVENLY, BEING CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK TOMATOES. 

BAKE IN CENTRE OF OVEN FOR 15 MINUTES OR UNTIL TOMATOES ARE HOT BUT NOT FALLING APART. 

TRANSFER TOMATOES & LIQUID TO SERVING DISH. SPRINKLE WITH BASIL. 

USING VEGETABLE PEELER, SHAVE PARMESAN INTO FINE SLIVERS OVER HOT TOMATOES. 

SERVE HOT OR AT ROOM TEMPERATURE WITH PC FRENCH BAGUETTE TO SOAK UP JUICES.

MAKES 2 CUPS.

They have the best store here…I love their real canadian superstores. They have everything you need…and dont!! I saw the canned cherry toms in there the other night…I guess I will need to go get some to try these!!

kw & kelly,

would you believe i was in zehr’s (used to be loblaw’s) where all this pc stuff is available and i forgot to check out the canned cherry tomatoes? totally slipped my mind. lol

yeah, loblaw’s used to be here too. i remember them from when i was a kid and that was 40 yrs ago. there are still a few around but not many. they’ve changed to zehr’s and a couple of other names. didn’t realize that loblaw’s was in the us. was it just in ny or other states?

have never head of real canadian superstores. there isn’t one in barrie.

can you get alot of pc products kw? anyone have access to them? aren’t they great?

let me know how the tom recipe turns out kelly, please. do search under appetizers and you’ll find tons of appetizer recipes posted my me and other people.

enjoy,

rho

The real canadian is part of the loblaws chain but is so much better. The prices and selecton are better too. They even have clothes !! They have a great household section. They are alot bigger than loblaws too.They have them in my area…mississauga and surrounding. Oakville has the biggest one, thats where i shop.They even have a tim hortons inside!!
I have heard they are trying to get rid of most loblaws and switch to real. I will not even shop at loblaws anymore because they are so much more exspensive than real.

i do my shopping at no frills and price choppers. i notice that things are anywhere from 10 - 50 cents cheaper there. don’t even go anywhere near iga. they’re too expensive.

rho