A good pork chop stuffing!

Last week I bought thick pork chops for stuffing. I never buy them already stuffed at the market - I prefer to stuff them myself.

Since applesauce was already on the dinner menu, I was not making gravy so I put this together and everyone liked it - not spicy - just tasty.

I started by cubing day old Italian bread - I used about 3 c. and combined it with 1 small onion, finely chopped, 2 large apples, peeled and chopped, salt and pepper to taste and a drizzle of melted butter (about 2 - 3 pats). I made 1 c. chicken broth from bouillon and used barely enough to moisten.

Just combine and stuff into pockets/slits in chops; toothpicks used for closing. I was stuffing 4 chops. They were skillet fried in a bit of olive oil and fresh garlic cloves; seasoned with kosher salt, cracked black pepper, fresh parsley.

I had leftover stuffing which I heated on the stove top and served as a side - using a little more of the broth.

Served with mashed potatoes with sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper; steamed carrots and applesauce; side salad and dinner rolls.

Hi KW,
I noticed with your side dishes, esp, the mashed potatoes, you included sour cream, with the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Do you add the sour cream right to the potatoes as you are mashing? I have a friend who uses Cream Cheese in her mashed potatoes, and it’s wonderful. Tell me your take on this?
Thanks,
lcapser

Sure lcapser - I add the sour cream with the milk, butter and seasonings - it really gives the taters a good taste! Same with cream cheese. I hope you try it some time!

KW

Thanks, KW. I’ll make them tonight, along with your recipe for stuffed chops. They sound marvelous!

Wonderful - let me know how everyone likes them! Enjoy!!