a potato gotta try!

I like to play from time to time - and I wanted to play with some potatoes for baking.

I placed water in a bowl with kosher salt and after washing my taters (skins on) I decided to “soak” them (or should I say “brine” them) to see how they would turn out - totally submerged. My “brining session” lasted for 3 hours (refrigerated) and I think you could do it from 2 to 6 hours with no problem.

Removed from water and rolled them in a good dose of kosher salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder and seasoned salt (although I used a seasoning mix that I came up with way back in time that can be used on anything - but seasoned salt should work well).

I did not prick them or cut them to bake - just placed on a wire rack and placed in the oven (I inverted a wire rack from an old appliance that had legs on it so that they would not roll off.) I did not want to use a baking pan for this - for even baking.

Baked at 375* F. till soft.

We enjoyed these with the following:

I had a mixture of sour cream that was mixed with fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper and parsley.

I also made a mixture of sour cream and horseradish with salt and pepper.

We will definitely have these again!