A recipe for Summer

With the summer solstice happening yesterday, I thought this recipe was delicious for the official start of summer. Enjoy!

Glitter Island
1 cup frozen sliced peaches – unsweetened
2 parts Malibu Melon Flavor Rum
2 parts Hiram Walker® Peach Flavored Schnapps
2½ parts Pineapple Juice
1½ parts Apricot Juice
Brut Champagne
Skewered Pineapple Garnish

Place all ingredients in blender except champagne and garnish. Blend until mixture is completely smooth. Divide between two decorative glasses. Top each glass with Brut Champagne. Garnish with skewered pineapple.

You can make a nice pot of gazpacho, the longer you leave it sitting the more flavorful it will become. There are also recipes from the barefoot contessa that I make that qualify for a good candidate to set in the fridge all week, one is tabouleh and the other is a wheat berry salad, both are vegetarian and very tasty. These are all cold, but it’s what I prefer when I don’t want to turn on the oven during a hot summer day.

coupon codes-China Wholesale

Chicken Burger with spinch and pine nuts.
Ingredients
40 g pine kernels
2 chicken breast fillets, skinned
2 boneless chicken thighs, skinned
40 g fresh spinach, chopped
1/8-1/4 tsp dried red chilli flakes, or to taste
Flour, for dusting
1 tbsp olive oil
Black pepper
Salad, to serve

Method
Place a frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the pine nuts and toast, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Slice the chicken breast and thigh fillets and place in a food processor. Process until well chopped. Add the pine nuts, spinach, chilli flakes, a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Process until well minced and thoroughly blended. Divide the mixture into four equal batches and shape into burgers, dusting them with flour to prevent sticking. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the burgers and fry until golden brown on each side. Serve hot or cold with salad.
Hope you like it.

This recipe is actually for two people, hope that clears up the confusion with the amount of alcohol it calls for :slight_smile:

Ingredients:
• 1 Cup Almonds (peeled and grinded)
• 1-1/2 Cup Condensed milk
• 1 Cup Whipped cream
• 1/4 tsp Powdered cardamom
• 1/2 Cup Pistachios (chopped)
• Pinch of Saffron
How to make Almond Kulfi:
• Mix all the ingredients except pista and saffron in a large bowl.
• Beat the mixture for about 2-5 minutes to make it soft.
• Now put this mixture in a conical mould.
• Sprinkle it with chopped pistachios and saffron.
• Keep it for freezing for about 8 to 10 hours.
• Almond Kulfi is ready.

thanks