A WONDERFUL autumn pie recipe!

This blackberry pie seems to be a staple dessert among my family and friends - once baked, it never lasts more than a day in my house! I came across this recipe just this past year while looking for the perfect autumn-berry dessert. I’ve tweaked it here and there to suit my tastes and the tastes of my family, so feel free to do the same if it’s not -quite- perfect!

4 cups fresh blackberries (thawed frozen is okay)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 frozen, Unbaked deep dish pie crusts (One for the pie, one to be rolled out and used for the top crust)

~Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
~Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. If it appears too “wet”, mix in a little more flour (about
2 tablespoons).
~Turn the fruit into the pie shell and dot with butter or margarine.
Cover the pie with another pie crust, pinch down the ends to hold it to the other crust.
~Then score the top
several times with a sharp knife. Bake for 1 hour, or until the top crust is a golden brown, I like to cover the crust edge with foil for the first half of the baking to prevent burning, but to allow it to brown toward the end.

I’ve found that while pie is wonderful a la mode, this pie is actually enjoyed more without ice cream as the pie is not super sweet.