Adult party

Yummy Chip or Vegetable Dip.

1 Pint Sour Cream
1 8oz Block Cream Cheese
1/2 Package or To Taste Hidden Valley Ranch Powder Dressing Mix

Let the Cream Cheese sit out for about 1/2 hour to soften. Combine Cream Cheese and Sour Cream. Mix with a hand mixer so the Cream Cheese isn’t lumpy. add dressing mix and mix by hand. Chill for at least an hour before serving.

This dip is so delicious, and normally I don’t eat sour cream :smiley:

Buffalo Wings

12 large Chicken Wings Tips removed and split
1/2 to 1 12oz bottle red tabasco sauce depending on how hot you like them
1 Stick Butter
Oil for deep frying

Fry wings in oil until cooked through. While wings are cooking melt butter in small saucepan. Once butter melts completely add Tabasco to your taste. Pour Tabasco/Butter mixture in a large bowl. Toss wings in sauce then place on a platter for serving. Serve immediately. For hotter wings add more Tabasco and less butter. For milder wings less Tabasco and more butter. I have also made these by breading the wings before frying them. They come out great both ways. Makes 24 appetizers.

Dates with almonds, goat cheese and bacon

Large Dates (20, or choose the amount and buy other ingredients accordingly)
1 pkg pre-cooked bacon (15 - 20 strips)
20 whole Almonds
Goat Cheese (about 4 oz., regular or crumbled)

Slice the Date on one side lengthwise making a small pocket and remove pit from Dates. Insert Almond into Date, along with approx. 1 tsp. (large pinch) of Goat Cheese, wrap with bacon around the entire date, place on a cookie sheet (preferably bacon end down and opening to cheese, up). Bake at 350 for approx 12 – 15 minutes, until bacon is sizzling. Place on platter and serve.

*A smoky red is the perfect wine with these. The ingredients may sound a little weird put together, but I have never had a complaint with these. Everyone loves them, even the ones who won’t try them until after a few drinks. I choose pre-cooked bacon because it saves in prep time, but raw bacon can be used and than broil or just bake a little longer. Also, I tend to cut the bacon strips so the dates are not smothered in the bacon. You can use toothpicks if you can’t get the bacon to stay put.

Mini Salmon Quiches

24 frozen mini-tart shells (Tenderflake)
1 can (7-1/2 oz) salmon, drained and flaked
1 green onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
1/2 cup light cream
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
dash pepper

Thaw frozen tart shells according to package directions and place on baking sheet.

Evenly divide and sprinkle salmon, onion and cheese in tart shells.

Beat together cream, eggs, salt and pepper; pour over salmon mixture in shells.

Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until quiche is set and pastry is golden.

Shrimp

Follow salmon recipe but substitute salmon and onion for 1/3 pound coarsely chopped cooked shrimp and 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill.

Mushroom

Follow salmon recipe but substitute salmon and onion for 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms and 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley.

**NOTE: You can put just about any combination in the tart shells and cover with the egg mixture. (i.e. blanched broccoli florets and crumbled cooked bacon)

Helpful Hint: If you would like to warm up the mini quiches in the microwave before serving, remember to remove the foil pans.

Jalepeno Cream Cheese

1 (8 oz) jalepeno jelly (or red pepper jelly)
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened

Pour jelly over cream cheese and serve with crackers. Ritz or any buttery type work well. It is definitely on the spicy side, so if you don’t want too spicy, look for or make your own milder version of the jelly.

Spinach Stuffed Mushroom Caps

1 pkg. (12 oz.) frozen, chopped spinach
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 c. sour cream
½ t. garlic powder
2 lbs. Fresh mushrooms
2 T soft butter or margarine

Thaw spinach and press out liquid. Mix together spinach, soup mix, sour cream, and garlic powder. Remove mushroom stems. Fill caps with spinach mixture. Grease a 10x15” rimmed baking pan with the butter and arrange mushroom caps in pan. Chill if made ahead, otherwise bake covered at 350 for 12 minutes or until hot.

Source My CB’s: Tiny Tim Auxiliary of Children’s Home Society (CHS) Rainbow of recipes cookbook 1981

Jalapeno Poppers

6 large Jalapenos
6 slices Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese (1/2" thick)
flour for dredging
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large or 3 small eggs, separated

Place peppers in a bowl and add scalding water to cover. Let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour until softened. Leave stems on and slit down one side removing and discarding all the seeds. Place one slice of cheese inside each pepper, and dust with flour. Heat the oil. Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Beat the whites until they stand in peaks. Fold the yolks into the whites and dip each pepper in the egg mixture until well coated. Fry at once in hot oil turning once and spooning oil over the
uncooked places. Cook until golden brown.

Crabmeat Deviled Eggs

Makes 12 servings (two per person)
Ingredients

12 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and cut lengthwise in half
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4-teaspoon salt
1/8-teaspoon white pepper
1/4-teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage

Preparation

1. Remove the yolks from the whites and put into a medium-size mixing bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash the yolks and then add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Stir with a fork to blend. Add the crabmeat and stir gently to mix. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into the egg white halves.
  2. Chill for at least two hours before serving.

Shrimp Appetizer Quiches

1 (8oz.) pkg. Refrigerated butter flake dinner roles
¾ c (4oz.) small cooked shrimp
1 egg
1 T minced green onions
¼ t. dill
½ c (2oz) Shredded Swiss Cheese
½ c whipping cream or half & half
½ t. salt
1/8 t. cayenne pepper

Generously grease 2 dozen 1 ¾” muffin cups. Separate rolls into 12 equal pieces. Cut each in half and press each half over bottom and sides of a muffin cup. Divide shrimp among pastry shells. Beat together egg, cream, onion, salt, dill and cayenne until well blended. Using about 2 t. for each, divide evenly among shells. Sprinkle cheese over tops. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until edges are brown and centers appear set. Cool 5 minutes and serve warm. Can be frozen. To reheat, place on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until heated through.

Source My CB’s: Tiny Tim Auxiliary of Children’s Home Society (CHS) Rainbow of recipes cookbook 1981

California Quiche

1 c chopped, fresh mushrooms
½ c finely chopped green onion
½ c finely chopped celery
2 T butter
6 eggs
1 ½ c milk
¼ c flour
1 t. seasoned salt
1 t. paprika
1/8 t red hot pepper sauce
1 c chopped crisp bacon or ham
1 c shredded Swiss cheese
1 c shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 T dry white wine

Sauté mushrooms, celery, and onion in butter until soft. Set aside. Beat eggs. Add milk, flour, salt, paprika and pepper sauce. Stir in bacon, cheese and wine Cover and chill. To bake, stir well and turn into a buttered 9” quiche dish or deep pie plate. Bake at 350, about 1 hour, or until knife inserted 1” from edge comes out clean.

Quiche Lorraine

This easy, elegant quiche makes a delicious brunch, lunch or dinner served with a fresh fruit salad. Quiche Lorraine can be prepared 2-4 hours in advance of baking; chill until ready to bake. Or make mini’s and serve as appitizers.

1 unbaked 9-inch (4 cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
6 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1 1/2 cups (12 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
3 large eggs, well beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.

2. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat. When bacon starts to turn brown, add onion. Cook until bacon is crisp; drain. Sprinkle cheese into bottom of pie shell. Top with bacon mixture. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl until blended. Pour into pie shell.

3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack before serving.

Servings: 8
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes

Quiche Baskets

Take 12 cooked crepes
4 slices Canadian bacon
½ c grated Parmesan cheese
½ c grated Swiss cheese
2 T flour
1/8 t. salt
2 eggs beaten
1 c milk

Line muffin tins with cooked crepes. Cook bacon and slice into small pieces. Sprinkle pieces in crepes and top with cheeses. Combine flour, salt and eggs with milk. Pour over cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 – 20 min. Cool for 5 min. Remove from pan and serve hot garnished with grapes and apple slices.

Source My CB’s: The Best Recipes from Gold Country Bed & Breakfast Inns of Tuolumne County California.

Strawberry Lemonade
A Taste of Summers Finest
Ingredients:

3 cups water
1-1/2 cups sugar
6 cups fresh (or frozen) strawberries
1 cup lemon juice

Heat water and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved; let cool then chill. Puree berries in blender or food processor; combine with water-sugar mixture. Add lemon juice. Serve over ice. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

By Kent Villard
© 2000 The Internet Chef

Mock Pink Lady
Another great beverage for entertaining
Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups milk
1-tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 ice cubes
1-tablespoon granadine

Measure milk, lemon juice, grenadine, sugar and ice cubes into blender. Blend until ice is gone. Serve Immediately. Makes 3 cups.

By Kent Villard
© 2000 The Internet Chef

Old Fashioned Fruit Punch
This is from the Rumford Complete Cook Book-1931

2 pounds sugar
2 quarts water
2 quarts mineral water
1 large pineapple, shredded
Juice of 6 oranges and 4 lemons
2 cups sliced strawberries
3 sliced bananas
1 cup raspberry or other fruit syrup
Cracked ice

Boil the sugar with one pint of the water to form syrup; add the remaining water, mineral water, fruit and ice. Served very cold.

Try steeping 1/2 to 1 tsp. of rosemary leaves for 5 minutes in hot fruit juice. Cool the mixture and add to your punch recipes.

[u]FROZEN VODKA LEMONADE[/u]

Frozen lemonade with
Either lemon vodka ( I prefer Grey Goose) or
Limon Bacardi

CALIFORNIA ROOT BEER
A simple drink I have enjoyed for many years is.

A shot of Galliano liquor
In a glass of Coke
With a splash of a beer,

Then shaken, and then served.
It tastes a lot like a root beer with a kick.

A FRUIT BASKET

Two parts Orange-pineapple Juice,
one part Banana Rum,
one part Malibu Rum

A COLORADO BULL DOG.
(It has another, less polite name).

I don’t know the exact proportions,

Kahlua,
Coke,
Cream de cocoa,
Vodka,
And milk.

It tastes like a chocolate shake…but the vodka will sneak up on you.

Tequila Martinis #132861
From fooddownunder.com
2 ounces tequila, preferably aged blue Agave
4 ice cubes
1/2teaspoon triple sec
1lime zest, twist
1strip serrano chilies (1/4-inch x 3/4-inch)
1wooden skewer
1 servings minutes 10 mins prep

1. In a pitcher or a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila and the ice cubes and stir or shake 20 times.
  2. Place the Triple Sec in a chilled cocktail glass, swirl it around to coat the inside of the glass, and discard it.
  3. Strain the tequila into the glass.
  4. Thread the twist of lime and the strip of Chile onto the cocktail skewer, perch it on the rim of the glass, and serve at once.
  5. This recipe yields 1 martini.

Saucy Shirley (The Good Sip Soda Pop) #132566
Shirley Temple’s alter-ego. Talk about making your hair curl!! Stay horizontal.
1 (16 ounce) can 7-Up soda
2 tablespoons grenadine or pomegranate syrup
2 ounces bombay sapphire gin or Absolut vodka
superfine sugar
lemon slices (to garnish)
ice

1. 2-4 servings minutes 5 mins prep Wet rim of drinking glasses and press into superfine sugar or powdered sugar.
  2. Fill glasses with ice. Pour 7-Up into the glasses until 3/4 full. Pour 1 tablespoon of the grenadine syrup and 1 ounce of the liquor into each glass.
  3. Add the grenadine syrup and the gin or vodka and stir.
  4. Garnish rim of glass with lemon slices.
    Nutrition Facts
    Calculated for 1 serving
    Recipe makes 2-4 servings
    Nutrition Facts for some measurements or ingredients are not included in data below:
    2 tablespoons grenadine
    We can often fix this, let us know.
    Calories 173
    Calories from Fat 0 (0%) Amount Per Serving%RDA Total Fat 0.0g0% Saturated Fat 0.0g0% Polyunsat. Fat 0.0g Monounsat. Fat 0.0g Cholesterol 0mg0% Sodium 27mg1% Potassium 2mg0% Total Carbohydrate 25.5g8% Dietary Fiber 0.0g0% Protein 0.0g0% Vitamin A 0mcg0% Vitamin B6 0.0mg0% Vitamin B12 0.0mcg0% Vitamin C 0mg0% Vitamin E 0mcg0% Calcium 4mg0% Magnesium 2mg0% Iron 0mg0%

Orange Sherbet Refresher (Alcoholic) #132593
I came up with this wanting something sweet, refreshing and intoxicating on a summer’s afternoon, sitting on my screen porch. I found it to be all that I was longing for. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
6-7 ice cubes
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4-cup rum
1-1 1/2 pint orange sherbet
2 servings minutes 5 mins prep

1. Place all ingredients in blender, topping off with sherbet.
  2. Serves 2.
    Nutrition Facts
    Calculated for 1 serving
    Recipe makes 2 servings Calories 441
    Calories from Fat 28 (6%) Amount Per Serving %RDA Total Fat 3.1g4% Saturated Fat 1.7g8% Polyunsat. Fat 0.2g Monounsat. Fat 0.8g Cholesterol 8mg2% Sodium 71mg2% Potassium 329mg9% Total Carbohydrate 54.7g18% Dietary Fiber 0.2g0% Protein 2.3g4% Vitamin A 298mcg5% Vitamin B6 0.1mg3% Vitamin B12 0.3mcg4% Vitamin C 51mg85% Vitamin E 0mcg0% Calcium 91mg9% Magnesium 22mg5% Iron 0mg2%

Vampiro #132907
The national drink of Mexico.
1 servings 10 minutes
1 2/3 ounces silver tequila
2 1/3 ounces tomato juice
1-ounce fresh orange juice
1-teaspoon clear honey
1/3-ounce fresh lime juice
1/2-slice onions (finely chopped)
fresh hot red chili peppers (a few slices)
worcestershire sauce (a few drops)
salt

1. Ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
  2. Shake vigorously to release the flavor of the chili.
  3. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
    Garnish with a wedge of lime on the rim of the glass and a chili (green or red).
    Nutrition Facts
    Calculated for 1 serving, Recipe makes 1 serving
    Nutrition Facts for some measurements or ingredients are not included in data below:
    1 2/3 ounces tequila Calories 51, Calories from Fat 1 (2%),
    Amount Per Serving %RDA
    Total Fat 0.1g 0%, Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0g, Monounsaturated. Fat 0.0g, Cholesterol 0mg0%,Sodium 246mg10%,Potassium 232mg6%,Total Carbohydrate 13.1g4%,
    Dietary Fiber 0.5g2%, Protein 0.9g1%, Vitamin A 435mcg8%, Vitamin B6 0.1mg5%, Vitamin B12 0.0mcg0%, Vitamin C 30mg50%, Vitamin E 0mcg2%, Calcium 11mg1%, Magnesium 12mg3%, Iron 0mg2%

Hi Everyone,
My name is Claudius and I am new to this site. I joined it in hopes of finding a recipe for an iced tea that my relative called “seed beer” that was made by my Aunt in Carbondale (Southern) Illinois back in the 40s and 50s.