african recipe

I live in zambia,central Africa and we have very good recipes that would leave you yeaning for more.

Would you be willing to share some of these recipes?
I’m very interested in any different style of cooking! :slight_smile:

:evil: WHY DO YOU TELL US THAT YOU LIVE IN AFRICA WHEN ON A RECIPE WEBSIT BUT DO NOT SHARE ANY RECIPES??! PLEASE DO! :slight_smile:

He wants us to “yean” for more :lol:

I have just posted a recipe for west african chicken I believe in the recipe exchange forum you don’t have to wait any longer. I will search for it and post it here for you ok…

Just as i promised here is the recipe for the West African Chicken Enjoy!

THIS GOES TO ALL OF THE PEPOPLE WHO ENJOY AFRICAN DISHES THIS IS A GREAT RECIPE AND I DO HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY

WEST AFRICAN CHICKEN
SERVES 4

3 1/2 pounds chicken legs and thighs
3 or 4 sprigs oregano or marjoram, or 1\2 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
1 teaspoon salt
3\4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 to 5 tablespoons corn or peanut oil
1\4 cup of lemon juice
1 cup fresh sheredded coconut
2 large onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 hot chili peppers
2 cup coarsely chopped plum tomatoes
1 bay leaf

Directions:

1. Preheat the broiler
    trim away any visible fat from the chicken and discard. Wash the chicken under old water and dry with paper towels. Chop the fresh oregano or marjorma or chush the dried herb. Rub the herb all over the chicken and then sprinkle the chicken with the salt and black pepper.

2. Generousl oil a shallow boiler pan. Place the chicken in the pan in a single layer. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil over the chicken.

3. Set the pan under the the broiler, 6 inches from the heat. Broil the chicken for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and brown 5 minutes longer on the other side. Remove the pan from the oven. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken. sprinkle the coconut over the chickekn and set aside.

4. Reset the oven and preheat to 400 derees.

5. Slice the onions minnce the garlic and finely dice the chilies. Heat the remaining oil in a medium skillet. Add the onions, garlic and chilies and saute’ over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.

6. Stir in the tomatoes and bay leaf and cook over low heat, stirring, for 15 minutes longer.

7. Return the chicken to the overn and bake for 15 minutes. Turn te chicken, pour the tomato sauce on top, and bake until the chickn is tender and brown, about 15 minutes.

8. Remove the bay leave before serving. Serve over rice or couscous.

Once again I hope you all enjoy this recipe! This one particular recipe has been in my family for many years…enjoy.

I have placed one on here for you check out the bottom of the page I hope you enjoy.

I have placed one on here for you check out the bottom of the page I hope you enjoy.[/quote]

:smiley: Thank You so much…Very nice of you!!! :smiley:

I have placed one on here for you check out the bottom of the page I hope you enjoy.[/quote]

:smiley: Thank You so much…Very nice of you!!! :D[/quote]

You are very much welcomed if there is anything else that I can do just let me know ok.