Almost Homemade Chili

Almost Homemade Chili

1 lb. ground beef 1 onion, chopped 1 (15 oz. ) can kidney beans 1 (15 oz. ) can chili beans 1 jar spaghetti sauce 1 pkg. chili seasoning 1 ( 14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes

Brown ground beef and onions in skillet. Drain. Add remaining ingredients bring to a boil reduce to simmer and cook at least 1/2 hour. This also works well in the crockpot. Brown beef and dump remaining ingredients in crockpot cook on low all day.

Do you think this would work as a meatless chili or do you think it would be too heavily seasoned without the meat? What kind of spaghetti sauce do you use?

I think it would work ok without the meat, one time when I made it I used Ragu with onions and green peppers and one time I used a classic store brand that I had to find a use for because my husband i nformed me it didn’t look like spaghetti sauce to him so he stuck the opened jar in the frig and got out a jar of Ragu when he was making spaghetti. Both tasted ok I guess this is where you can add variety according to your own taste!