and who came up with this??????

Wackiest Warning Labels Ever
(makes ya wonder just who comes up with these!)

Warning on a bottle of drain cleaner: “If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.”

On a snow sled: “Beware: sled may develop high speed under certain snow conditions.”

On a 12-inch-high storage rack for compact discs: “Do not use as a ladder.”

A 5-inch fishing lure with three nasty steel hooks advises it is “Harmful if swallowed.” Too bad fish can’t read!

A warning on an electric router made for carpenters cautions, “This product not intended for use as a dental drill.”

A warning label found on a baby stroller cautions the user: “Remove child before folding.”

A bottle of prescription sleeping pills says, “Warning: May cause drowsiness.”

A sticker on a toilet at a public facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan actually warns: “Recycled flush water unsafe for drinking.”

A CD player carries this unusual warning: “Do not use the Ultradisc2000 as a projectile in a catapult.”

An “Aim-n-Flame” fireplace lighter cautions, “Do not use near fire, flame, or sparks.”

A label on a hand-held massager advises consumers not to use “while sleeping or unconscious.”

A container of underarm deodorant says, “Caution: Do not spray in eyes.”

A cartridge for a laser printer warns, “Do not eat toner.”

A household iron warns users: “Never iron clothes while they are being worn.”

A label with a hair dryer reads, “Never use hair dryer while sleeping.”

A 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow warns: “Not intended for highway use.”

A cardboard car sunshield that keeps sun off the dashboard warns, “Do not drive with sunshield in place.”

A bathroom heater says: “This product is not to be used in bathrooms.”

A can of self-defense pepper spray warns users: “May irritate eyes.”

A warning on a pair of shin guards manufactured for bicyclists says: “Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover.”

A popular manufactured fireplace log warns: “Caution: Risk of Fire.”

A box of birthday cake candles says: “DO NOT use soft wax as ear plugs or for any other function that involves insertion into a body cavity.”

“Do not use snow blower on the roof.”

“Do not allow children to play in the dishwasher.”

Hi KW,

I agree…these are some good ones. I think the word that sums it all up is “lawsuits.” The toner one is good!

Hope you are well.

Paula

Paula - doesn’t it make you wish you were an attorney??? Just think - you get a third of the award AND THAT IS JUST THE AMOUNT YOU GET FOR TAKING THE CASE! Then of course all the “fees” “incurred” - every phone call, letter, stamp, the secretaries time, part of the utilities, rent and cam charges - probably the attorney’s lunches, gas, tolls and parking, his new shirt and suit to go to court, the new shoes, golf clubs, - you know what I mean!

KW,

You hit the nail on the head. I didn’t want to mention attorney’s in the event any belong to this site. Hmm, has anyone tried to sue Ron? Then we’d know. LOL

Have you noticed how the phone books are getting thicker and thicker with attorney ads? It’s pretty sad when you have to be careful of everything that you do for fear of being sued. Advertisements are posted EVERYWHERE encouraging people to sue. And, you’re right, the client gets a smidgeon while the attorney takes the lions share.

It’s sad because we all pay the price from increased insurance rates (in all respects) to increases in medical costs, cosummeables, etc. because of frivilous lawsuits.

Speaking of insurance carriers, that’s another beef of mine. Let’s see, your insurance rates are being increased because of the multitude of losses in your state or the country. Or, because statistics show ya-da, ya-da, ya-da. What!? I think it’s more like, "we only made $10 million last year instead of $10.5 million. Enough of that, I could go on and on.

Have a great day! Paula

Paula - don’t get ME started on insurance - I can write a book on insurance - from workers comp to third party and the gray areas for homeowners! I have posted quite a bit on a couple sites - insurance companies have absolutely nobody regulating what they do - they have the deep pockets and they pay off the politicians so that they will turn the other cheek. There is a site that tells how much each insurance company has donated to the political parties - and yet theyare still making a profit! The amounts are astronomical! And there is no call for it. If they would just pay those that have legitimate claims and get it over with - things would be better. No - they pay all these “defense w-h-o-r-e-s” to lie and cheat and make up stories so that you don’t get a cent! I’ll hush - I get quite VILE when I start to talk about it! But I have gone after them - AND I AM NOT DONE! So all you DW’s out there - I’m going to get you! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr