another quickie - Rags and Chicken

Thanks to canning my own spaghetti sauce - todays’ dinner will be done in no time!

Rags and chicken!

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips), skillet fried in a bit of olive oil, plenty of fresh garlic (you know how much I love garlic!), fresh minced parsley, cracked black pepper and kosher salt.

Meanwhile, the pot of water is getting ready to boil for rags.

Homemade rags:

Flour - make a well in center - add 3 eggs to well and beat; add salt; gradually incorporate flour making a good pasta dough. Let dough rest 1o minutes; roll on lightly floured board; using knife, cut into “rags” (you can make them any size and shape you want - today I will cut them into 1-inch strips. Let them rest about 15 minutes; boil in salted water until done.

Meanwhile - open a jar of homemade sauce and heat.

Drain rags; transfer to pasta dish, add heated sauce (I used meat sauce today) top with chicken strips and sprinkle with fresh grated Pecorino-Romano.

Served with green salad (romaine, iceberg, spinach, tomatoes, cukes, red pepper, radishes - olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, basil) and of course - crusty Italian bread!!