Anyone have this recipe?

My husband loves a salad dressing that you use with fresh garden leaf lettuce. The dressing goes something like this… evaporated milk or cream, sugar, vinegar… ?? Also would need the ingredient amount. If anyone knows this recipe, I’d love to have it. :smiley: I remember my mother making this when I was a child. Thanks!

1/2 head cabbage
1 carrot
1 large apple (any good eating apple)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup mayonnaise-style salad dressing (like Miracle Whip)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
6 tablespoons evaporated milk
Shred the cabbage and carrot. Dice the apple, leaving the skin on to add color to the salad. Mix these ingredients together with the raisins. In a separate bowl, sweeten the salad dressing with the sugar. Add cider vinegar to the dressing, and thin with evaporated milk. Pour the dressing over the dry ingredients, mix well, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

1 HEAD OF CABBAGE (RINSED & SHREDDED) IN A BOWL MIX WELL 1 JAR OF BEST FOODS MAYONAISE (16 OZS), 1/2 CUP SUGAR, (MORE TO TASTE) 1/2 CAN OF EVAPORATED MILK, (NOT SWEET- CONDENSED) 2 TABLESPOONS OF VINEGAR. pOR OVER CABBAGE & BLEND WELL. SERVE CHILLED… FOR A NICE CHANGE, ADD CRUSHED OR CUBED PINEAPPLE…ENJOY :smiley: