10 cloves
1-1/4 cups apple jelly
1/3 cup dry white wine or white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp. minced green onions
3 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
3/4 tsp. each cracked black pepper and curry powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Place bee, onion, garlic and cloves in a dutch oven. Add just enough water to cover the beef. Bring beef to a boil, reduce to low and simmer until the roast is tender about 3 hours. Drain discarding onion, garlic and cloves. Return roast back to the dutch oven.

Combine apple jelly, wine, green onions, stone ground mustard, black pepper, curry powder and salt in a small saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Brush the roast with the apple glaze.

Bake the roast , basting frequently with the apple glaze for 45 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer roast to a heated platter. Let stand covered for 10 minutes.

I have turned this roast dish into sauerbraten, a tangy German pot roast. brown the roast with a little peanut oil, then add 1/3 cup apple jelly and 1-1/4 cups vinegar. When the roast is tender, I added 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar and cooking it until the brown sugar is dissolved. I thickened the liquid with flour or cornstarch and served it as a sauce with the sliced brisket.

Both are good served with rice or mashed potatoes and other vegetables. Home made clover leaf rolls.