1 cup Teriyaki sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 pinch Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon black pepper

Honey Pepper Sauce: Combine all but honey and pepper in saucepan and heat to a light boil. Stir in honey and mix well. Add pepper and remove from heat. Thicken slightly (till just lightly coats a spoon) using slurry (cornstarch & water).

Steaks: Preheat the grill. Rub the sirloin with vegetable oil, then season with salt and pepper. Grill the sirloin for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until done. Serve sirloin with some honey pepper sauce poured over it.

Serves 2

There is nothing better than a nice juicy grilled sirloin steak. The honey pepper sauce sounds really good, I’m going to have to try that with my next steak.

Thank you for posting this. I appreciate the effort. Is anybody else freaked by the sauce having so much sweet in it? (Honey + sugar+ teryaki)?

I tried this with my family of five last night and it was a huge success! Since none of us are raving Teriyaki fans, I backed off about 50% and used a “thick” pinch of the Cajun seasoning instead. I may have used a tad too much there, so I’ll back off next time. Thank you pickman and thank you, Ron!

You are very welcome. It is nice to know my posts are worthwhile.

I have not made this yet but the Teriyaki sauce and red wine vinegar should neutralize the honey and sugar. Once you get the sauce made give it a taste, and if too sweet add a little more vinegar. Many times I have added sugar or vinegar to balance, and get the sweet and sour taste.