Malaysian Fried Rice - a favorite from fusionrecipe.com - Amazing recipes, great food, cooking tips. Asian, Malaysian, Thai, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Greek, American foods.
1 1/2 cups day old rice
1 cup frozen pea/carrot mix
1/4 medium onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or shrimp or both - if using chicken, cut thinly
2 stalks green onion cut into 1 cm strips
1-2 tsp sambal oelek (or any chilli paste) - optional, use black pepper powder if preferred
1/2 cucumber (seeds removed, and cut into long thin strips)
3 tbsp oil
dry roasted peanuts for garnishing
Cilantro for garnishing
salt to taste
- Slice onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Fry until slightly browned in oil.
- Scramble egg in bowl and add to onion/garlic/oil mixture.
- Stir until egg is cooked, and set aside to side of pan.
- Add sambal oelek and fry until fragrant. May need to add oil if sambal gets dry.
- Add meat and stir until cooked. Set to side of pan.
- Add pea/carrot mix and stir until warmed.
- Add green onion into mix.
- Mix all ingredient from pan until well mixed.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add rice to mix and stir until well mixed and rice is warmed through.
- Serve rice warm with peanuts, cucumber and cilantro as garnishing.