Audrey's Sweet Potato Pie

I got this recipe from my good friend just the other day. It is very creamy and good the ginger makes it taste so good. In all it takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete. I use the Splenda for baking and only one cup as two cups are to sweet.

AUDREY’S SWEET POTATO PIE

2 cup cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
2 cups sugar or (1 cup Splenda for baking for diabetics) or 1/2 cup Splenda & 1/2 cup sugar
1 stick margarine, cut in small pieces
3 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 5oz. can evaporated milk
2 unbaked (9 inch ) pie shells

Peel and cube and boil sweet potatoes for faster cooking. Bake pie shells for 9 minutes. Put margarine in the bottom of the mixing bowl add potatoes and Slpenda mixed with spices (mix this mixture of Splenda and spices very well) on top of the cut margarine to melt and blend very well, adding eggs one at a time. Add other ingredients, add milk last beating well, (this mixture will be very thin). Pour into baked pie shells while still in the oven. Bake at 350 F oven for 40 to 45 minutes. I start to check the pies at 30 minutes and when they just jiggle very slightly take our of the oven, you do not want to over bake or the filling will be very dry. Mine are usually done at about 35 minutes just according to how fast or slow your oven bakes.

This recipe will make two 9 inch pies cool real good one can be frozen and you can eat the other one anytime you want to Yummy!!!