1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 oz shredded Swiss cheese
4 eggs
12 oz sour cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 prepared pizza shell

Sprinkle bacon and cheese evenly over crust. In a bowl, beat eggs, sour
cream and parsley until smooth; pour over pizza. Bake for 20-25 minutes
at 425 or until pizza is puffy and lightly browned.

more memories nebulized!

We used to make bread every day - if you wanted bread that is what you had to do in those days - 365 days a year - you got up, made the bed, washed up and started the bread. While it was rising you would do your laundry and clean the house or tend to the plants in the garden or pick your veggies out of the garden for the days meals. After a while - there is no measuring. You go by look and feel. And of course - with no preservatives - it wouldn’t last long - but it wouldn’t anyway - bread was eaten at every meal and any leftover was used to make homemade bread crumbs, etc. So it was nice to get a piece of dough to make a pizza of some sort. Sometimes it was for a breakfast-type pizza - pancetta or proscuitto or bacon or ham, eggs and ricotta cheese. Getting up at 4 in the morning and making bread was very common and you had hot bread or a breakfast pizza brigtht and early!

Thanks again!!

KW

You’re welcome. I remember when I was young visiting my grandparents on their farm and my grandmother would get up early and start baking the bread and rolls. Just nothing today could come close to the taste of her bread!