Bad Hombre Eggs & Waffles
1 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 quart water
1 can black beans
0 1/2 to 1 cup grated mexican cheese
0 sliced scallions
0 salt and pepper
4 flour tortillas
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat milk, olive oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour 1 cup of batter into the center of the hot waffle iron and close the lid of the iron.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle. Keep waffles warm in oven until ready to assemble the dish.
EGGS AND ASSEMBLE:
- Place vinegar and water is a big saucepan and bring to a boil. Crack two eggs into a cup and then gently slide the eggs into the boiling water.
- Let eggs cook for 3-5 minutes. While eggs are cooking, layer 1/4 of the black beans on 1 waffle. When eggs are done, remove eggs carefully with a slotted spoon, allowing them to drain for a few seconds, and place on top of the waffles/black beans. Repeat process with two more eggs.
- After all the eggs are poached, top the eggs with salsa, cheese and scallions. Season with salt and pepper and serve with warmed four tortillas. Serves 4