Recipe Name: BAKED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
5 1/2 Pound chicken
2 Large white onions
1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
10 Medium potatoes
a sprig of fresh rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
Dash cayenne pepper
- Cut the chicken in pieces and eliminate all the excess fat.
- Rinse the chicken under running water and then dry it with paper towel.
- Cut the onions in thick slices.
- Preheat the oven to 400Â° and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet, add the onions, the rosemary sprig and the oil.
- Sprinkle the meat generously with salt, cayenne and a dash of pepper.
- Bake the chicken for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the potatoes and cut them in pieces, but not too little.
- Add the potatoes to the chicken and sprinkle them with salt. Cook it for one hour or until cooked.
- Once in while turn the pieces of chicken and with a spoon baste meat and the potatoes with the juices on the bottom of the pan.
- The last few minutes you can put the chicken under the broiler.
- When the chicken and the potatoes are cooked serve immediately.