Baked souffle

I want to make passion fruit souffles for desert at a dinner party but wonder if they can be made in advance and cooked at last minute. I don’t want to be in the kitchen at that stage of the evening making them and then cooking them. Anybody help please?

I have read that you can make them up to 2 hours in advance, but not with optimum success.

Prepare the base ahead of time, leaving beating the egg whites and folding them into the base to the last minute, which won’t take long with a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Pop them in the oven and return to your guests while they bake. You will be happier with the result and your guests will truly be impressed.

I was at a luncheon with 300 guests and Grand Marnier souffles were served so we all ate AT ONCE. We were all amazed to see all these souffles come flying out of the kitchen.

Baked soufflé is an exceptional dessert that combines two completely different cooking processes. It is made by making a light soufflé and baking it in an oven. It can be served either after meals or even as a snack …

Ingredients

* 1 egg
* 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
* 1/4 cup castor sugar or superfine sugar
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
* 3 egg whites
* 5 tablespoons castor sugar or superfine sugar
* 3 egg yolks
* 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
* 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Whisk the egg in a medium saucepan, and mix in the 1 lemon’s zest and juice, 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Set over medium heat, and cook stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Reduce heat to low, and continue whisking for another minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Divide between four 6 or 8 ounce ramekins. Set aside.
  3. In a medium glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer. When they are able to hold a soft peak, sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of the sugar, and continue mixing until stiff. Whisk the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar into the egg yolks along with the zest and juice of the remaining lemon. Fold a couple of spoonfuls of the egg whites into the yolks to lighten them up, then fold in the rest of the whites. Spoon into the ramekins over the lemon curd, and run a finger around the inside of each rim.
  4. Place the ramekins onto a baking sheet, and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. Let freeze it
    before use.