Baking and cooking recipes using

Just about everyone has a sandwich maker. Many do not use them anymore - they just sit there collecting dust.

Then they came out with the Xpress101 - which is a larger “welled” sandwich maker.

And since I enjoy cooking - if it’s a new-fangled gizmo and has a plug in it - you can bet someone is going to buy it for me.

So I am the proud owner of 3 sandwich makers and 2 Xpress 101 machines. And I don’t let them just sit there.

For instance - hot sandwiches are good - but after a while just how many can you (or want to) eat? So retire the sandwich maker. Right? Wrong!

I have baked cakes, muffins, etc. as well as made fried and scrambled eggs in it. Use your favorite recipe and bake away! Bake/cook times vary depending on what you are making. In my sandwich makers - 1/4 c. batter per well is needed - 1 c. batter for all 4 wells (2 sandwich size).

The Xpress 101 has bigger wells to make bigger cakes. I’ve made cakes, muffins, cornbreads, etc. in it. Use any recipes you want - a basic cake recipe will yield anywhere from 9 to 11 cakes (2-layer recipe). Most cake recipes will cook in 7 to 8 minutes per batch (2 cakes). Depending on the batter - about 1/2 c. is used to fill each well.

Clean-up with either is really easy! Wipe out with a hot soapy dish cloth, rinse the same way and dry.

Making cookie-cakes in the sandwch maker is a nice portion for kids (and adults). Making cakes in the Xpress 101 gives you more of a “piece” of cake.

Bisquick recipes work just as well in either.

Delicacies can be frosted, glazed, sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar, etc.

During the hot summer months it’s nice to use these appliances for baked goods and not have to turn on the oven.

Corny Cornbread - Xpress 101

2 1/2 c. self-rising corn meal
1 can cream-style corn
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetabe oil

Mix until just just blended; do not overmix. Bake approximately 8 minutes.

Yield: 7

Do you have any recipes that you use and would like to share?