Banana Bread

Banana Bread
(1 loaf)

3 overripe bananas
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (ie unrefined, hard white stuff)
1/8 - 1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup hazelnut flour
1/2 cup almond flour (you can use any nut flours here)
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 eggs
generous dash of vanilla
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
2 handfuls walnuts or other nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Cream together butter, coconut oil, and honey (you can use all butter instead of coconut oil, and reduce the honey or use another sweetener). Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time. In a separate bowl or piece of wax paper, mix together the flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add this mixture to the other slowly, stirring gently by hand, not over-mixing. Add the nuts at the end.

Pour into a greased or parchment-lined loaf pan, and bake for about an hour. Serve warm with cream, or let it cool. It keeps well.

Hi K-W, and thanks for the recipe.

I’m assuming that I can still make this Banana Bread in a breadmaker machine? I have the SD2500WXC ( http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/290123/module/general/compare/productsCategory.html ).

I’ll check with the manufacturer’s instructions or with Panasonic on line… but I don’t see why not.

I know some people think breadmakers are too artificial or in some way cheating… but I think I’d prefer to go for speed and consistency… especially as I eat a lot of bread (as does my family!)

I come from a l–o--n–g line of bread eaters! But the only bread machine you will find in my family is “leftie and rightie” - we just don’t trust those machines for anything!

really… you just use your god-given hands for breadmaking? Well done! My non-machine breadmaking was very patchy indeed!

ol’ lefty and rightie here have done more cooking, bakiing, preserving, dishes, etc. than anything - I swear they even move in my sleep - they get no rest

Good bread needs to be touched by the hands to be good. You get a better feel of when the dough is right to be baked and if you are in a bad mood due to adisagreement with the spouse or kids, you can pretent the dough is the offending party and beat the tar out of them LOL. Bread dough is not the “to be pampered” stuff some think it is. Good bread dough needs hard working to develope the Gluton, the fibers that trap the gas from the yeast to make it rise,

Iam surprised at this recipe. I alway have seen Banana bread as a batter bread, not a dough ball bread. Guess I learned something new, so I going to try it.

One thing for sure - bread dough needs a good beating! I’ve seen it for years with gram or mom “voicing their opinion” about something - and that dough sure took it in stride! GREAT bread! Absolutely delicious - but of course - you must always make the sign of the cross as you are sliding it into the oven - that is a MUST! Absolves the bread from all non-intended sins (from it’s beating) as well as blessing the bread and blessing those that shall eat it.

thank you! let me try this

I come from a l–o--n–g line of bread eaters! let me tryçin malı telefonlar

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

The recipe we have been using for years is also a batter bread. No matter which it is the secret to good banana bread is very overripe bananas just as this recipe states. We have used ripe bananas and the bread will be a bit dry.

Can not wait to make this as we have started the Paleo diet and it looks like we can have this.

were is the recipe

it seems very delicious bread thanks a lot

Enjoy!

This recipe made this weekend.

Nice recipe.