Banana Cake

I am looking for a recipe for Banana Cake - my Grandma used to make me a very moist banana cake with cream cheese frosting every year for my birthday - but won’t give me the recipe. . any help??

I saw this one on cooks.com. It sound delish!

MOIST BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE
FROSTING

3 small ripe bananas or 2 large ripe bananas
4 large tablespoons sour cream
1 white cake mix
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons oil
1 1/3 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
Frosting:

1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 stick butter
1/3 c. nuts of your choice (i use walnuts)
1 box of powdered sugar (4 cups)
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
Blend bananas with mixer, adding your sour cream. When mixture is well blended, not lumpy, add your cake mix, egg whites, oil, milk, flavoring together and mix. Add milk last so you will be able to judge the consistency of the cake and adjust as needed.

Once well blended, pour mixture into a greased/sprayed, 9x13 cake pan or 3 cake layers.

Bake at 350F for about 25 min. or until the cake is done.

Cake will spring back in the center when touched if done, don’t over bake! Remove cake from oven and allow to cool.

Tip: Place wax paper over cakes to capture the moisture while cooling; this adds to a really moist, delicious cake!

Mix cream cheese and butter together in a bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until you get the consistency you like.

Add a little milk to the frosting while mixing if you like it to be creamy. When icing is done, add 1/3 chopped walnuts to the icing. Crush them right out of the package with the end of a blunt object to make smaller pieces.

Stir walnuts into frosting well. After cakes have cooled, frost each layer with icing.

This is a really good, moist cake! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!

Submitted by: Stephanie Staton

In all banana breads/cake recipes, to get that really moist and rich banan flavour, double the amount of bananas.

You can store bananas that have become to ripe in the freezer up to 6 months and take 'em out when you need them for bread.

Happy cooking!