Banana Cupcakes with Amaretto Buttercream

I took these to Wednesday night Worship last night and they were gone before you could blink your eye again, I made 48 cupcakes. The frosting has almond liqueur and that makes them so very yummy. I got this recipe out of a magazine some time ago at a doctor,s office.

CUPCAKES:

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup mashed ripe banana (1 large banana)
1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1-1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract

FROSTING:

1/3 cup butter, softened
2-1/2 Tbsp. amaretto liqueur
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. chopped almonds, toasted

Preheat the oven to 350*F

To prepare the cupcakes line 12 muffin tins with muffin cup liners. Set aside.

Place sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl, beat for 4 minutes on medium speed of an elec. mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda and 1/4 tsp. salt, stirring with a whisk. combine banana, yogurt and 1-1/4 tsp. vanilla, stirring well. Beating on low speed, add flour mixture and banana mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Spoon batter into muffin cups ( cups will be full). Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from muffin tins,and cool completely on a wire rack.

To prepare the frosting, place 1/3 cup butter, liqueur and 1/4 tsp. vanilla in a large bowl, beat at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and 1/8 tsp. salt, beating just until smooth. Spread frosting evenly on cupcakes, and sprinkle evenly with toasted almonds.