Banana Pecan Spice Mini-Cuppie Cakes
(makes about 28 mini’s or 14 regular size)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into small pieces
¾ cup sugar
1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
1 cup banana, smashed (about 3 ripe)
1 cup white chocolate chips
½ cup chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place paper liner in a 12-cup cupcake pan or mini-muffin cups in a 24-cup pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves together in a small bowl until combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer set on medium-high speed, beat butter until creamy (about two minutes). Add sugar gradually, beat until light and fluffy for two more minutes. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down after each addition. Add the flour mixture in four additions, alternating with milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture and beat until smooth on low-medium speed after each addition. Beat in banana just until incorporated. Stir in pecans and chips. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes for regular size muffins or 14-15 minutes for minis, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. A crumb or two on the toothpick is fine.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes than remove to wire racks. Cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2-2 and 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1-2 tablespoons Milk
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about two minutes.
- Add butter and beat another minute. Add vanilla extract and cinnamon, beat in.
- Add confectioners ½ cup at a time. Add in a tablespoon milk. Add sugar and milk in small amounts, beating in between until you get the right consistency. Beat an additional two – three minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.