Beef Cheeks

I have this piece of beef and I’d like to know how to cook it. I’m a fair cook and love cooking. But I have come upon a piece of meat that has me in the fog. I have found a recipe but it looks like it would cost an arm and leg I would be grateful for any simple recipes I could get. Please HELP!!!

Beef cheek is a tough cut of meat. Many braise beef cheek so that it will absorb flavor and juices, plus the fact that braising makes it more tender.

Roast some beef bones in the oven for about 15 minutes. Transfer to large pot; add minced garlic, chopped carrots, chopped celery. Add a bay leaf. Cover with water and bring to a slow boil; cook about an hour, checking to add more water as needed to keep the liquid from drying off.

Remove the bay leaf and beef bones from the pot (This is your stock). To the pot add additional carrots and celery.

Saute the beef cheek in a bit of olive oil with chopped onion; sprinkle with rosemary and thyme; saute until onion is translucent. Add to stock pot; mix well; braise for about an hour - testing with a ffork for tenderness.

Thank You very much for the info. on how to fix Beef Cheeks. I can’t wait to try it.

You’re ver welcomed! I hope they turn out perfect for you.

I often cook cheek meats to make barbacoa tacos. It is very easy.

Put meat in slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup water. Seasoning that you like. I add salt, pepper,
garlic & onion. & sliced onions. Turn on low, leave it on all night or about 8 hrs.

Thats all you have to do. It turns out great.

Heat flour tortillas and add salsa or guacamole.

Sounds easy enough jody and Welcome to RSN!

Thank you for sharing!

KW