Better egg sandwich

I hope I’m doing this right.

I saw these egg cookers on one of the shopping networks. They were a package deal so I searched, and found the website for Nordic Ware. Later we ran across the egg cookers at Walmarts. The egg cookers will cook 1-2 eggs (scrambled). They are two-part, top and bottom and separate for cleaning.

The bread: The new sandwich rounds. One round (top and bottom) equals 1 slice of regular bread.

The sausage: This ingredient we stumbled across at Sam’s Club. They sell a bag full (perhaps 4 or 5 lb) sausage patties. The size of the patty is a perfect fit for the sandwich rounds. Thin, not quite 1/4-inch thick.

Cheese: Land O Lakes American cheese, medium slice.

Egg: Scramble one egg, add about 1 teaspoon half & half and beat in. Pour into egg cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid and cook for 50 seconds in the microwave.

Wrap one sausage pattie in a paper towel and microwave for 50 seconds.

Butter both slices of one sandwich round. Top with egg, sausage patty and cheese.

Wrap sandwich in paper towel and microwave about 20 seconds to melt the cheese.

We love Egg McMuffins and years ago used to buy them until they got “healthy” and dried out the muffins. After that we made our own at home and they were great. They still are but they are messy to make and require using a skillet et al. This version is quick and easy and you have few utensils to clean up.

The sausage patties from Sam’s gives the right amount of spice to the sandwich and it is the perfect size and thickness. I’m sorry I don’t have the brand name but they are the only sausage patties at Sam’s sold frozen & loose in the bag.

The half & half adds a nice creaminess to the scrambled egg.

The result is a very nice egg sandwich without a lot of fuss. It is filling without being over-whelming. They’re simple enough for kids to make. You may have to adjust the timings according to your microwave.

Enjoy

I love my homemade Egg (Mc)Muffins, but they were a lot of messy work as stated… until I found and purchased my Back To Basics Egg 'n Muffin Toaster. It does the English Muffin, poaches the egg, and warms the meat so they are all ready at the same time and only requires assembly. Toaster will also hard cook eggs in the shell.

I love foods which have egg very much!! This sounds delicious, let’s get a try

tried it this morning and it was delicious!