biscuit question!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this site and i have a quick question!

i LOVE eating out in America but living in Scotland that is pretty hard!! lol!

i would love to recreate red lobsters cheese biscuits but in the recipe it says to use bisquick but we don’t have such a thing!

do any of you have a recipe for biscuits that i can use?

Thanks!

Emma

Bisquick is a baking mix - just like Jiffy Mix. I do not too much about your products - but when in need - holler - I’ve got recipes to make such ingredients:

Bisquick Baking Mix

8 cups flour
1-1/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1/4 cup baking powder
1 Tbsp. salt
2 cups solid vegetable shortening

In a large bowl, combine flour, milk, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal and the shortening is evenly distributed. Store in tightly closed covered container in a dark, cool place. Use in place of ‘Bisquick’ in any recipe.

Bisquick Biscuits

2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Blend Baking Mix and water in a medium bowl until all dry ingredients are moistened. Knead gently on a floured board for about 10 turns, then pat or roll out 1/2" thick. Cut out biscuits, either with a sharp knife or a biscuit cutter, and place on ungreased baking sheet.

Brush with melted butter and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot. Makes about 8 biscuits

You can add herbs or cheese to the Baking Mix before you add the water for more interest. Dill seed, or poppy or sesame seeds would be a good choice, as would dried thyme. Use about a teaspoon. Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheeses. Bake as directed.

Pancakes

2 cups Bisquick
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup buttermilk

In medium bowl, blend together the baking mix, egg, water, and buttermilk just until combined. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Pour by 1/4 cup measures onto lightly greased hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on surface and edges look dry. Flip pancakes and cook 1-2 minutes on second side. Makes 12-15 pancakes.

Muffins

3 cups Bisquick
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Blend wet ingredients in one bowl and dry ingredients in another. Stir wet ingredients into dry just to moisten.
Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups and bake about 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Add spices like 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, or 1/4 tsp. nutmeg or 1/4 tsp. allspice, if desired. You can blend 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and add 3 tablespoons melted butter to make a streusel and sprinkle on top. Or add spices and press about 1 teaspoon apricot jam into batter before baking. Makes 12 muffins.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup butter, softened
2-1/2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
4 cups bisquick
1/2 cup ground oatmeal
1/2 cup white chocolate chips, ground
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and eggs until well mixed; stir in oatmeal, white chocolate chips, and semisweet chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoon 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake about 12-15 minutes until light brown. Remove to wire rack to cool. Makes 4 dozen

now for the biscuits - I have a clone without using Bisquick:

1 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Mayo
1 Tablespoon Sugar or 3 Packages Sweet & Low (artificial sweetener)
2 Cups Self-rising flour
1/4 Cup grated Cheddar cheese

Combine milk, mayo, sugar and flour. Beat with mixer at high speed, not
quite 1 minute until smooth and completely combined. Remove beaters. Use
rubber spatula to streak the dough with grated cheese. Drop batter
equally between 10 paper-lined muffin wells or just onto ungreased baking sheet.

1/2 cup butter or margarine , melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix butter and garlic powder. Brush mixture over warm biscuits before removing from cooking sheet.

Bake in hot oven until done (dependin on size - 80 to 10 or more minutes)

Do you have self-rising flour?

You can make your own:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt

Combine and use in place of 1 cup of self-rising flour. (you would need to double for recipe above)