Bob Evan’s Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
A hearty breakfast favorite! Excellent home-baked buttermilk biscuits and gravy.
Bob Evans Style Buttermilk Biscuits
• 2 cups self-rising flour
• 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
• 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425f or 220c.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour and baking soda.
- With a pastry blender or two knives cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Make a well in center. Add the buttermilk all at once; stir until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough by gently folding and pressing dough 10 to 12 strokes or until nearly smooth.
- Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits 1 to 2 inches apart on a lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove biscuits from baking sheet and serve hot.
Bob Evan’s Sausage Gravy
1 pound Bob Evans Farms Original Recipe Bulk Sausage
1/4 cup all−purpose flour
2 cups milk
salt & pepper to taste
8 prepared biscuits
Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour until dissolved. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until thick and bubbly. Season with salt & pepper.
Serve over hot biscuits.