1 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Kraft original barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
dash garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and sugar to a small saucepan
over medium heat. Stir frequently while cooking. Once the mixture begins to bubble, remove it from the heat.
- In a large bowl, add all but 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce to the
meat. Use a large wooden spoon or your hands to work the sauce into the
meat until it is very well combined.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the ground sirloin-- flour, salt,
onion powder and ground pepper. Use the wooden spoon or your hands to
work the spices and flour into the meat.
- Load the meat into a loaf pan (preferably a meatloaf pan with two
sections which allows the fat to drain, but if you don’t have one of
those a regular loaf pan will work). Wrap foil over the pan and
place it into the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven, remove the foil and,
if you aren’t using a meatloaf pan, drain the fat.
- Using a knife, slice the meatloaf all the way through into 8 slices
while it is still in the pan. This will help to cook the center of the
meatloaf. Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of sauce over the top of
the meatloaf, in a stream down the center. Don’t spread the sauce.
- Place the meatloaf back into the oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or
until it is done.