BREAD PUDDING W/WHISKEY SAUCE

Hi everyone! I’m new here and this place looks great! Here’s a fantastic recipe we picked up in New Orleans, LA for Bread Pudding…from the Bon Ton Cafe…FANTASTIC!

BREAD PUDDING
1 loaf French bread 2 tablespoons vanilla
1 quart milk 3 tablespoons margarine
3 eggs 1 cup raisins
2 cups sugar
Soak bread in milk; crush with hands till well mixed. Then add eggs, sugar, vanilla and raisins and stir well. Pour margarine in bottom of thick pan and bake until very firm. Let cool; then cube pudding and put in individual dessert dish; when ready to serve, add sauce and heat under broiler. Serve with Whiskey Sauce.
WHISKEY SAUCE
1 stick of margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
Cream the sugar and egg until well mixed. Add melted margarine and continue to dissolve. Add whiskey to taste which should make sauce creamy smooth.
These are original recipes ofAlzina Pierce of the BON TON RESTAURANT,
401 Magazine Street, New Orleans, Louisiana.

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am a great fan of bread pudding. After all of the pumpkin pie is gone I will have to try this one. It sounds fabulous. In my bread pudding I always add some cinnamon, to taste. Also, sometimes I make a streusal topping, and top the pudding before baking. There are alot of bread pudding recipes out there, but I have become somewhat of a bread pudding snob (hehe). Thanks again and I can’t wait to try it!!! :smiley: