Breakfast Casserole...

Some times i like to mix it up and make breakfast for dinner. I’m not a morning bird so this is how I get the opportunity to eat some of my favorite foods. Here’s a recipe that I normally have on Christmas morning but decided to make it for dinner :slight_smile:

Breakfast Casserole

12 slices bread, crusts removed
2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound sausage, browned and drained
1 pound bacon, cooked and drained
8 large eggs
1 quart milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
a dash of worcestershire sauce

• Spray an 11X14 pan with non-stick cooking spray

• Lay six slices of bread on the bottom of the pan. Add 1 cup of cheese

• Crumble sausage and bacon on top. Lay remaining bread on top.

• In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk and seasonings together. Pour on top of bread mixture in pan. Top with remaining cheese.

• Refrigerate for about a day

• Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for about an hour.

That sounds interesting, I’m assuming that is not a portion two could finish in one sitting?

Leftovers always work or I bet you could cut the recipe in half.

Sounds good and fun too. My kids love it when we have breakfast for dinner, but my husband… not so much. He’s kind of a meat and potatoes guy :slight_smile:

I make it all the time for my husband and I. 8x8 pan works. Still left overs sometimes…microwaves fine, or good to eat cold! Don’t worry about getting the ingredients just perfect…has a lot of lee way.

I vary my intake on this dish by substituting gruyere cheese and black forest ham, then dabbing it with dijon mustard before consumption.

My mom always makes the wife saver breakfast Christmas morning, he usually uses back bacon. I think though, the first recipe is along the lines of what you are looking for.

i call it an all day breakfast that way you dont feel bad for eating it after 12. Your breakfast sounds good enough for any man women or beast…good stuff

Hello Sirfuller! Your recipe sounds delicious but I cannot eat bread so I have kind of modified yours and it turns out nummy! You may want to try this one sometime. I call it the
Oven Omelet
6 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C sour cream
1 C diced ham or any meat
1/2 C milk
1 can (4 ox) mushrooms (I use fresh)
1 Tbsp chopped onion
1-1/4 C shredded cheddar or any cheese

I love sweet green, red and yellow peppers so I also add in 1/2 C.

Beat eggs, sour cream and milk together; add onion, peppers if you choose, salt, diced meat, mushrooms & 1 C cheese. Pour into 9" pie pan that has been generously buttered. Top with remaining cheese and a sprinkle of parsley for color - optional.
Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for approx. 35 minutes & done!

I’m really big on crock pot meals and I often substitute left overs from a previous night’s crock pot feast. Then you’d have beef instead of ham and some vegetables too!

You have given a nice information for your dinner and also it is very beneficial for all who are confusing for the dinner. I am much impressed and also thankful to you.