Buca di Beppo’s Baked Rigatoni
1 oz. Marinara Sauce
16 oz. Meat Sauce
8 oz. Spicy Italian Sausage, cooked & sliced
2 lbs. Cooked Rigatoni
10 oz. Mozzarella cheese
5 oz. Ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. Chopped Italian parsley
- Cook rigatoni al dente, chill down and hold until needed. One pound dry pasta will yield approximately two pounds cooked.
- Measure meat sauce and marinara into a sauté pan. Add sliced sausage and heat mixture until sauce is hot, but not reduced.
- Drop cooked pasta in boiling water for 3 seconds and then drain.
- Add the pasta to the pan along with half of the shredded mozzarella.
- Toss well and place mixture in a casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining shredded mozzarella and then divide the ricotta into 5 equal portions. Place the ricotta randomly, but evenly spaced, across the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle evenly with grated Parmesan cheese and place in a 500° oven and bake until the cheese is browned and sauce is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Source: ABC 4 TV Salt Lake City UT website