cake mix cookies

I have tried the Weight Watchers trick of using a can of pumpkin and a box of dry spice cake or angel food cake mix to make a fat-free cake. I would like to try the pumpkin idea with some cream cheese as well or chocolate cake mix with applesauce and cream cheese to make cookies. Does anyone know what proportions should be used if adding cream cheese? I know this defeats the Weight Watcher purpose, but you can’t be good all the time!

Will this help at all?

1 box cake mix,any except Angel Food

2 eggs or 1/2 cup of egg substitute

1/2 cup softened butter or margarine ,may use oil but decrease to 1/3 cup

May also use softened peanut butter or cream cheese

NOTE: Dough will be thick and form a ball.

Options:

Chocolate chips,any flavored chips ,raisins,chopped fruit apples bananas,M&M’s,chopped candies,sprinkles,coconut,etc.

Flavored extracts maybe added almond,vanilla,lemon,orange,mint,etc.

A tablespoon of strong fresh brewed coffe or instant coffee dissolved in a tablespoon of water.

For spicier cookies add a teaspoon or to taste of cinnamon ,pumpkin pie spice,apple pie spice,spices of choice,etc.

Mix cake mix,eggs or sub.,butter or oil with wooden spoon stir any options of choice or leave as is.

Drop by spoonful on cookie sheet.

Bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven for 7-10 minutes.Util edges are slightly browned.
Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet and remove with spatula.

Cool and frost or enjoy as is.

ANGEL FOOD CAKE MIX COOKIES:

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup of water
(diet soda ,can be used)
1 teaspoonof pure vanilla extract,almond ,peppermint,lemon,orange,etc.

Mix,cake mix water or soda and extract if desired with wooden spoon
drop by teaspoon onto Pam sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F oven for
5 to 6 minutes depending upon your oven. Cookies will be white, if they turn brown they will be too dry. Remove from cookie sheet immediately and place on wax paper. Store in airtight container. Two cookies and a small dish of strawberries and you have a delicious treat.

Also - if you check our search - type in GRABBERS - CAKE MIXES - and there is a thread with other things make with a cake mix and cream cheese.

Thank you for the ideas. I wil try the angel food cookies and check out the “grabbers” site. You are always very helpful.

You’re very welcomed! I hope you find some goodies that you will enjoy!