2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons curry powder

Apple-Pepper Relish:
1 cup unpeeled and finely chopped tart green apple
1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
2 teaspoons finely chopped mint leaves
1 tablespoon each lemon juice and honey

Place chicken in shallow non-metallic dish. Combine oil, apple juice, garlic, ginger, and cumin in a 1-cup measure and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes, turning once.

To make sauce place yogurt, chutney, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside. Place curry powder in small, dry skillet over medium heat. Toast curry powder just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add toasted curry powder to yogurt mixture and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.

To make relish, place apple, red pepper, onion, mint, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.

Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, and place in a large non-stick skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned and no longer pink inside, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove chicken to a serving platter, top each piece with relish and spoon a small amount of sauce over top. Pass remaining sauce separately.

4 servings

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back? This would never have happened under the Tories.

I hate to say this - but I have seen some pretty disgusting things working in restaurants. If I caught anything at all that was disgusting I threw out the product. I don’t know what people think - and they obviously do that in their own homes as well. That’s fine - just don’t serve anyone else if you do that.

I’ve always been against double-dipping - I prefer to put any sort of dip in my dish and enjoy it from there - and if someone is double-dipping or licking - I don’t want it.

In my day - you take the piece you touch. Sometimes I wonder where manners have gone.

I was in a sports bar restaurant in the US and I could see into the kitchen while I was waiting for my food. There was a young guy portioning chicken strips into plastic bags. As he opened each bag he blew into it to open it fully. I asked to speak to the manager. When she came to my table, I told her to watch the guy. As she stood there watching him he realized we were watching him, but he kept right on blowing into every bag. She went into the kitchen and he moved from where he was working to an out of sight area. She told me he threw all the chicken away. I doubt it. I never went there again.

Amazing how you can find little things that are really a big thing to us but it means nothing to the person doing it. I would have fired him on the spot.

Apparently, the kid had no training in food handling, so, in reality, who was at fault?

don’t worry - the manager on duty would be gone too! No one did any prep work for me unless they learned exactly how I wanted it done and what I expected of them.